Discover the fascinating landscape from La Palma step by step from Hotel to Hotel. Along one week you’ll walk independent through the most spectacular landscapes and will discover the enormous diversity of our island.
The Hiking Tours
- laurel forest in the north east 9 km | +620 m / -522 m
- the gorges of the north 10 km | +643 m / -871 m
- the crater rim of the Caldera 17 km | +660 m / -1.720 m
- the sunny north west – pirates cave 12 km | +980 m / -940 m
- Caldera de Taburiente 16 km | +120 m / -720 m
- volcano route 18 km | +580 m / -1.200 m
Arrival on La Palma – Transfer to your hotel in Santa Cruz de La Palma.
The transfer to the starting point of your hike laurel forest (1) in the north east, which takes you through a lush and prehistoric jungle vegetation to Barlovento, where your hotel is located.
From the village of Barlovento it goes through the Gorges of the North (2) to Franceses. Here you will be walking by small dragon tree populations and pittoresk villages, along the steep coastline with deep gorges and breathtaking views over the ocean.
We are going up! After your transfer to Pico de La Cruz at an altitud of 2.350 m. Your hike starts along the Caldera rim (3), one of the largest craters in the world. A beautiful subalpine landscape, the view over the island and towards the neighbour islands on the horizon, makes this walk an unforgettable experience. Downhill the track takes you to El Paso, Transfer with the bus to your hotel in Los Llanos de Aridane.
Today you have two different options. Caminata in the north west side of La Palma. The hike starts in Tijarafe and goes down to the Poris de Candelaria – a big Cave closed by the sea or a rest day. A day off to relax on the beach of Tazacorte or to pay a visit to the lovely city of Los Llanos de Aridane.
The transfer to Los Brecitos on 1.050 m high inside the crater of National Park Caldera de Taburiente (4). A magnificent hike through the National Park with it’s endemic plants and the ever running river Taburiente. Another overnight in your hotel in Los Llanos de Aridane.
A transfer to Refugio del Pilar takes you to where the classic Volcano Route (5) begins. This youngest part of the island has countless volcanic craters along the path all the way down to Fuencaliente. Lava landscapes combined with Canary pine forests will also turn this walk into something you will never forget. The transfer will take you to your hotel in Santa Cruz.
The transfer to the airport. Return journey.
The price includes:
- 7 nights with breakfast
- Taxi transfer & bus transfer according to tender
- 6 hikes
- luggage transfer
- information material and hiking map
- personal info-talk on the day of arrival
Flight, dinner and daily food for the hikes are not included in the price.
Arrival possible at any time!
You can book extra nights for your hiking week, whether at the beginning in the middle or at the end. Also possible would be to book a connecting week to relax.
Specific Cancellation policy:
– Cancellation up to 1 month before the beginning of the booked free-time activity: complete refund
– Cancellation up to 14 days before the beginning of the booked free-time activity: 50% refund
– Cancellation less than 14 days before the beginning of the booked free-time activity or no-show: no refund