PADI Discover Scuba Diving – Pool Training and Boat Dive with Turtles
This is our most popular programme for first-time divers! We begin with an introduction to the basic science of diving and the equipment which you will be using. Then, we enter our on-site swimming pool to conduct a training dive during which your instructor will ensure that you become proficient in using the equipment. You’ll practice a few basic exercises and spend some time getting used to swimming underwater whilst wearing SCUBA.
Once you have gained some confidence and competence in the swimming pool, we will take you to our boat to make a dive in open water. For this dive we go to a nearby dive site (5 minutes boat ride) where we are lucky enough to have a resident family of turtles. There are also often several varieties of large stingray, as well as lots of different types of fish.
You’ll explore to a maximum depth of 12 m, and be underwater for approximately 35-40 minutes (air supply permitting).
In open water, we limit our groups to 2 participants for 1 Instructor.
Our in-house media team will accompany you throughout and prepare a selection of photos and videos for you to view upon completion. These photos and videos are available to purchase afterwards.
This dive counts towards the PADI Open Water Course if continued within 12 months.
Please see your voucher for the exact meeting point.
Your Course will take place at 09.00 am on the booked date.
The course duration with theory and dives in the sea lasts approx. a half day.
Included in the price:
- pool training
- boat dive with turtles
- diving equipment
- diving insurance
- transport to the diving startpoint
Important to know:
- the dives start in Playa de las Américas
- your course will take place at 09.00 am on the booked date and ends at 02.30 pm (approx.)
- languages: spanish, german, english, french, dutch, polish, arabic
- minimum age: 12 years
- not to forget: swimwear, towels, sun cream and a few Euros for refreshments
- not suitable for non-swimmers
- anyone who has their own equipment is encouraged to bring it
The Dive Centre:
- plenty of space to relax and socialise with the other divers, with comfortable inside and outside seating areas.
- hot showers and bathrooms, changing facilities and storage space for our guests’ comfort and convenience.
- kitchen with free tea, coffee and water available. Soft drinks and cold beer are available for 1,00 € each (strictly no alcohol is to be consumed before in-water activities).
- a state-of-the-art gas filling facility, including air and Nitrox compressors and oxygen for mixing decompression gas for deep dives.
- well-stocked shop selling a wide variety of diving equipment and accessories.
- brand-new and very spacious classroom for anyone completing a PADI course.