Hiking along the Volcano Route
The Volcano Route can possibly be described as the most spectacular and impressive trek, because of the dramatic volcanic landscapes and the incredible views of the two sides of La Palma from a range of 2.000 m high mountains. The entire Cumbre Vieja (Old Peak) is an enormous volcano that has burst into life from time to time over the years. From the Refugio El Pilar to the Fuencaliente Lighthouse, an infinity of craters from different ages are scattered across a lunar landscape.
Duration: 7,0 h
Distance: 17 km
Altitude: + 500 m / – 1.200 m
Level of difficulty: very hard
Please see your voucher for the exact meeting point.
Included in the price:
- guided hike
- transfer to the start of the hike
- rustic wooden walking sticks
Important to know:
- suitable clothing and trekking shoes are recommended
- eating and enough to drink
- sun protection, hat, wind/rain jacket and warm clothes for the winter months
Pick Up points: Los Cancajos, Hotel Sol (Puerto Naos) and Hotel Princess (Fuencaliente). More Pick Up points on request.